Couples, Family, and Individual Therapist; Clinical Director
Couples, Family, and Individual Therapist
- Is your marriage or relationship in trouble?
- Do you have a child or adult family member whose mental health issues, substance use, or problem behaviors affect the entire family?
- Have you or a family member been diagnosed with ADHD?
Arnold Woodruff, Clinical Director and Co-Founder of Help Your Way, has been a licensed marriage and family therapist for over four decades. His specialties include marital/relationship problems, blended families, chronic mental illness, adult ADHD, and substance abuse treatment.
Arnold believes that our emotional well-being hinges on one central theme: our relationships. “The social environment in which we live has a tremendous impact on how we act and how we feel. “ By improving our relationships, we will experience positive, measurable change in our lives. These emotional bonds are the key to our mental well-being and happiness.” By helping people – couples, families or individuals -make changes in their patterns of interaction and communication, Arnold helps his clients to achieve the results they are looking for. “I am inspired each day by the wisdom and power of my clients. I am always learning from them as we work together to create lasting change.”
Arnold’s extensive experience as a therapist and as a leader in the mental health field in Richmond, VA as well as statewide has led to his commitment to the use of Feedback-Informed Treatment (FIT) to empower his clients. “At Help Your Way, we work with our customers in a unique and collaborative way. We create a partnership for change between the client and therapist. This way of working has been found to achieve better results.”
Arnold’s Accomplishments and Affiliations include:
- President, Virginia Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- Certified Trainer, International Center for Clinical Excellence
- Clinical Fellow, American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- Member, International Society for Ethical Psychology and Psychiatry
- Member, National Alliance for the Mentally Ill
- Facilitated more than 200 presentations at national and state conferences over the past 35 years.
To make an appointment or to speak with Arnold call Help Your Way at 804-562-6604.